forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: fork in doc-v20?
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:56:55 GMT
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 12:13, Rick Tessner wrote:

> I've been looking at this a bit further and found that the @class
> attribute does not make it through to the site2xhtml sheet.
>
> It ends up getting accidentally removed in the tab2menu.xsl and
> therefore is not available to the site2xhtml sheet.

Boy, was I wrong here ... That's what I get for not taking enough time
to examine what's really going on.

The document2html.xsl style sheet is doing its transformation based on
the V1.3 format.  Any docs in document V2.0 first get transformed to
V1.3 and then get run through the document2html.xsl.

This means that the <a> elements in document V2.0 get transformed to
<link> elements and then finally to back to the <a> element for HTML.  A
little bit confusing ...

This is why the <xsl:template match="a"> in document2html.xsl wouldn't
work.  It needed to to match "link" instead.

> I'll open an issue to add the "jump/fork" functionality to the doc-v20
> DTD via adding a class attribute to the "a" element.
>
> I do have some time this weekend to put together a patch for this as
> well.  I do have to run at the moment, but I will create an issue in the
> next day.
>
> I'll include in that patch the necessary XSL patches and a patch to the
> sample.xml document to show how to use it.

Should have this done in the next few hours ...

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>