forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest user impedence
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:26:50 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

>  From the peanut gallery: I would focus on a single input format and
> treat other formats just as binaries. That would be something (X)HTML-
> or xdocs-like - *not* the cwiki format.

I too worry about having too many input formats,
especially the really loose ones like *wiki and
the half-supported ones like our docbook subset.

I get concerned that if we get too lax, then people
will blame Forrest for poor production.

> Provide people with a clear
> migration path, but don't carry the burden of backwards-compatibility
> for too many releases. Don't release too often, but make it x.0
> releases.

:-) we will try.

> Make sure Forrest users don't know that Cocoon is underneath.

A certain class of users, then yes. For other users we
should trumpet Cocoon. There are untapped powers.

> Throw away the live webapp idea.

Nah.

> Slim down Cocoon to its bare essentials.

We could certainly do some slimming. Perhaps Cocoon itself
will do some slimming and we get the benefit.

--
David Crossley