forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest user impedence
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:08:59 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> IMHO an ideal setting would not have the users generate the site. This
> means having a live Cocoon webapp installed or having the ForrestBot
> run. ...

We are lots closer on that front. As we all know, there have
been holdups due to many reasons. Recently we had an excellent
discussion about this on infrastructure@a.o and even designed
the workflow and everything. It seemed that all issues were
resolved. Now we need the energy to put it into place.
(Subject: forrestbot Date: 2004-07-30)

One option was to wait for the new machines that are due soon.

The other option was to approach the Apache Gump project
to run it on their machine until the other ones are ready.

We started on the latter and all is favourable. However
i stopped because i reckon it is better to concentrate
on our release.

--
David Crossley