forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:57:25 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > I see two other important issues:
> >
> > ----
> > 6 - FOR-255 catalog entity-resolver fails and gets skinconf DTD from
> > website when using document()
> >
> > We can comment-out the document type declaration as a workaround.
>
> And remove validation? Cheche would not be happy about it 8-)

I am not happy either. I have been trying to reduce the use
of that XSLT document() function, but still got some way to go.

Really the DTD does not do much validation anyway, as everything
is optional. The only benefit that i see is that the DTD enables
some editors to give hints about what other elements can be added.

This is just a workaround to get the release out.

It would not be good to have users complain because they
need network access just to run Forrest locally. Also not
a good look for us (supposed xml experts) to hammer the
Apache website for a DTD.

> > ----
> > 7 - FOR-198 local stylesheets for a user project not found
> >
> > There was a workaround, but it might contravene "copyless".
>
> This should be fixed contextually with copyless, as the user project
> extensions are currently under redevelopment with a new Cocoon pipeline
> mount feature.

Good to hear. I thought that they were separate issues.

--
David Crossley