forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira moved
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:29:41 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >> I don't see any difference yet - the bottom of the page
> >> still reports the old Jira version number.
>
> Funny. It should read "Professional Edition, Version: 2.6.1-#65".
>
> stevenn [~] $ dig issues.cocoondev.org ANY
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> issues.cocoondev.org ANY
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;issues.cocoondev.org.          IN      ANY
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> issues.cocoondev.org.   1800    IN      A       67.19.2.50
>
> I suspect your DNS is stale - are you caching lookups somewhere locally?

I get the same answer from my desktop with 'dig'.
The web browser tells me it is going to issues.cocoondev.org
but when i use 'ngrep' to watch the outgoing network interface
i see it is going to "cocoondev.org=65.77.211.32"!

Switched web browsers and it worked properly!

> >> There is something strange happening. We seem to have lost
> >> some recent Issue Comments. Here are some clues ...
> >>
> >> In the past, the notification emails used ...
> >> ----
> >> View the issue:
> >> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-245
> >> ----
> >>
> >> Recently there are occasional notification emails that use ...
> >> ----
> >> View the issue:
> >> http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-245
> >> ----
> >> which is a broken URL.
>
> Works for me, though.
>
> >> These notifications came to me personally, because i was the
> >> creator of the issue. However they did not come through to the
> >> forrest-dev list. Probably Steven's comment above about mail config.
>
> That should be solved since Monday - notification mails are now being
> sent From: issues@cocoondev.org To:  dev@forrest.apache.org

But they are not appearing. See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&r=1&b=200409
There are notifications there from me today, but not the
more recent ones from Nicola Ken.

> >> Also that Comment is not listed in the Issue tracker ...
> >> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-245
> >> There should be a recent one from Charles Palmer, before
> >> my test comment.
> >>
> >> Is it possible that some notifications are coming from the
> >> new Jira instance, while others come from the old Jira?
>
> I'm thinking DNS caching isn't helping us here. What if I switch off
> the instance on the old server so that we are sure nobody is using that
> one anymore?

I think so. I have already been using it over the last few days.
So i suppose all those changes can be retrieved and manually
re-entered. Can you disable edit rather than switch off?

--
David Crossley