forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pelt and pelt-dev
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:41:36 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
> >
> > last night I was starting to implement the future pelt (v 1.2) with
> > naming conventions for css-elements. I have it on my local dis but like
> > to commit it.
> >
> > I once said that I will open another branch for it but I do not see the
> > value in that. I reckon re-adding pelt-dev would hell lot easier!
>
> Call it another name-dev, maybe newpelt-dev.
>
> > That way we would have pelt (v 1.0) *and* pelt-dev (<- pelt v.1.2) for a
> > month! For a month because I will have to finished the pelt-dev skin for
> > OSCOM 4. Afterwards that would go back to pelt.
>
> As long as the changes are mainly internal, ok, but external changes
> should IMHO make it a skin with a different name.
>
> > BTW makes it sense to versioning skins?
>
> IMHO not ATM.

We really should make a release before that month is up.
So i think that your new development should be an
entirely different skin name.

We went through this discussion a few times now
where we decided not to have versions of skins,
just call them new names.

Thorsten should rolling the dice. We should then call
it {name}-dev while it is in development, then switch
to {name} when it is ready, then only tweak it thereafter.

--
David Crossley