forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: tools to enhance OOo transforms?
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:26:40 GMT
Team

I've solved the problem - a later version of Saxon works. But I would still be interested
in knowing how others do this work.

I've applied this tool to an attempt to update openoffice-writer2forrest.xsl, in an attempt
to get forrest dealing with tables whichhave merged cells - a common requirement in real OOo
documents.

I thought I was making progress but... funnies strike. I am about to raise an JIRA issue -
could anyone lend a hand to let me make more progress? many thanks.

Charles

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Palmer
  To: dev@forrest.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2004 1:09 PM
  Subject: tools to enhance OOo transforms?

  Team

  I'm keen to try to extend the current OpenOffice Writer performance, to encompass some of
the styles that I am using and to improve table handling etc.

  What tools can I use to efficiently make changes to the XSL file and observe the result?

  Currently I have created a small OpenOffice file, unzipped it to extract content.xml, and
am using an old version of Saxon with a command line that transforms content.xml with openoffice-writer2forrest.xsl
to (hopefully) the forrest document format. So this should allow me to make adjustments to
either the source or transformation files and quickly see whether I have got it right.

  Trouble is, this transform is evidently not proceeding the same way as Forrest's own transformation.
It is only matching Heading 1 headings, whereas the HTML output at the end of the Forrest
process transforms the other headings as well..

  Can I access the transformation tools that Forrest is using, stopping to grab the intermediate
forrest xml file? How?

  I am using Windows.

  Charles Palmer