forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 06:07:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>2 - Should we switch to pelt after a quick check? it would really be
>>     better to not have to switch skin now and then again in 0.7 if
>>     possible.
>
> So will we leave the "crust" skin in the distribution
> and note that it is going away, or remove it now?

Good question.

The only major difference between the crust skin and a complete pelt
should basically be only the internals (table or div driven).

In some moments I really feel that it's time to get rid of the
table-based design and just use pelt... tigris can be used for a table
based design if users want that.

Note that this would even mean that we _remove_ the crust skin from the
distro and just ship pelt.

> If the latter then we need to be sure that all of its
> capabilities are implemented in "pelt".

Yes, we can do so only if this is the case.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -