forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tweaking wiki
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:59:47 GMT
Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
> I started to play a little with the "wiki.grm" file, and
> obtained a couple of interesting things which I would like to
> use (like the "title" for wiki pages that I mentioned in a previous
> message).
>
> However I feel that I should not mess up with the default wiki format,
> otherwise things would become uncontrollable as soon as I install a
> new Forrest distribution.

ATM Forrest is not well equipped for handling extra DTDs and formats, as
you have found out, but it will get better.

> So my idea is to create a separate "own"
> wiki format, identified by a different file suffix,
> e.g. mydocument.mywiki

If the format is of general interest, we could add it to Forrest itself.

> Then I modified 'forrest.xmap' by duplicating the template that
> matches "*.cwiki", modified the copy so that it matches "*.mywiki",
> then tried to fiddle with the template so that I can make use of my
> own versions of "wiki.gram" and "wiki2xdoc.xsl". For the latter, it is
> easy, as it is explicitly pointed to in the template. However, I
> do not know how to point 'forrest.xmap' to my own version of
> "wiki.gram". It seems to make use of a cocoon identifier
> "cocoon:/wiki.xgrm". Can this be customized?

'cocoon:/' means: do this request to the current sitemap. Look in the
same file at the bottom for the relevant matches.

> One of the possible reasons for this work would be to support an
> alternative wiki format (e.g. MoinMoin Wiki).

Then it's definately of interest :-)

You can submit a patch for a .mwiki extension (even partial), and I
would be happy to apply it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -