forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future of the pelt skin -> xnc-dev skin
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:46:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Hello devs,
>>
>>I would like to use extensible naming conventions (xnc) for the pelt
>>skin! That would mean I will totaly refactor the skin again!
>

> What are "extensible naming conventions"?

have a look at the thread

This is just a small part of possible contracts for elements. We have to
find a way where we let the user decide which name should be used for
the elements though. Like e.g.:
<group-logo class="branding-logo-group">images/logo_x.png</group-logo>

Then in xsl:
  <xsl:if test="$config/group-logo/@class" >
   <xsl:attribute name="class">
     <xsl:text>
       <xsl:value-of select="$config/group-logo/@class"/>
     </xsl:text>
   </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:if>
  <xsl:if test="$config/group-logo/@id" >
   <xsl:attribute name="id">
     <xsl:text>
       <xsl:value-of select="$config/group-logo/@id"/>
     </xsl:text>
   </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:if>

>>Do we have a dev branche for that?

I mean the xnc is pelt but with flexible naming. I reckon I could use
the 0.7-dev branch for developing it and after the release that will go
to trunk.

>>Or should I create a new skin for that?

I can create a new skin pelt-xnc-dev that is using naming conventions.
That will then be the next generation pelt.

> Depends on what you mean by the above statements.
>

>>The code name for the skin will be xnc-dev.
>

> We have skin naming conventions.
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skins.html
> If we decide that your work warrants a new skin
> then go there and roll the dice.

Like I tried to explain above it is *not* a new skin! It is pelt /next
generation/. Everything will go back to pelt and common!

King regards
thorsten