forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [help] looping in pelt-dev
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:20:45 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> Hello devs, hello user,
>
> I am trying to track down the looping behaviour of the pelt dev skin!
>
> I noticed that the loop happends when
> the following conditions are fullfield:
> 1) the looping node is a child of a node that has the attribute e.g.
> href="docs/" tab="docs".
> 2) the looping node e.g. <document-v13 label="document-v13"
> href="document-v13.html"/> has both attributes "label" and "href".

I started by testing if this really happens, and it does.

> but sometimes I get: * [60/68] [2/56] 2.204s 90.3Kb
> docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/document-v13.dtdx.html That
> should be BROKEN (like before) because the file does not exists in
> that loaction either. This is an example of a node calling an endless
> loop!

The CLI works on links. If it loops, it means that a file references
itself incorrectly, and the CLI uses that link.

So I looked in the page for 'document-v13.dtdx.html' and found this:

   <a id="feedbackto" href="docs/document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>

Here it is: document-v13.dtdx.html reference itself incorrectly, with a
docs/ before it. The correct link should be (relative):

   <a id="feedbackto" href="document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>

or (absolute):

   <a id="feedbackto" href="/docs/document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>

> Sometimes I get something like:
> X [0] docs/docs/searching.html      BROKEN:
> /opt/apache/forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/docs/searching.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> That is perfect because the file does not exits.
> ...not really because something is calling that file in that location
> and I do not know why! But at least is not causing an endless loop!

It's the same thing, only that it's probable that the match in the
sitemap for faqs accepts **/path/file and thus renderes the file always.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -