forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest Site update
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:45:58 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2004, at 8:21 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Weird... It looks fine now... on Safari too! (the breadcrumb is at the
> top again--it had moved to below the tabs/above the content area/to the
> right of the NAV on the left--hope that describes where it moved! 8-))

Note that I had similar problems on my system, because of (improper?)
browser caching.

>> In any case, we can make it smaller in a number of ways.
>> Which would you prefer?

It seems you like the compressed version. Ok, I will try that and see if
others complain 8-)

>>> It is also a slightly darker color than the background for the rest
>>> of the site, so it sticks out...
>>
>> This is an issue with IE, so I guess you are using IE, but not 6.x...
>> It treats PNGs wrong on the gamma values. AFAIK to solve teh issue we
>> should switch to JPEG or do hand-made GIF.
>
> Nope... It looks off in Safari. Now that I look in Firefox, the colors
> match.

I guess we must hand-convert to gif then.

> BTW, I like the krysalis site! And the font-size widgets are
> nifty as well! I also like how the About section in NAV is expanded by
> default. (IIRC, pelt-dev has all sections in NAV condensed) Very nice!

It's exactly the same skin as the one forrest is using right now IOW
crust, but with different skinconf parameters.

> Any time! Careful, though... I'm known to nit-pick[2] when given the
> opportunity!
>
> :-p

Which is exactly what we need for skins.

I'll take the risk and unleash the nitpick beast B-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -