forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [issues] (FOR-181) Use code-names for skins
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:09:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>* Version number should be on all skins.
>>
>>Hmmm...
>
> I know. I wondered "why" as i wrote that.

The style skin has it because they don't use codenames, ans 1.1 is not
our skin version but *their* reference version.

>>>Perhaps we could use variations on the word "skin" and
>>>each time we come up with a new skin, choose a new name.
>>>
>>>Some suggestions:
>>>fleece, rind, fur, hide, coat, pelt, peel, bark, exo,
>>>derma, dermis, corium, calyx, scale, leather, patina,
>>>crust, hull, husk
>>
>>Can I pretty please leave this decision to others (maybe users)? :-)
>
> How about a random number generator? Seriously. We could
> put those items in a list, press the button, and see what
> pops out. Does Ant have a random number generator?

When I read the random number generator I shivered... ;-P

Ok, 'book-tab' becomes 'crust'. As a crust, it will be removed.

The tigris one can be simply called 'tigris', which is shorter. We can
always add numbers to it later if the need arises.

Finally, the css-skin can be called 'pelt-dev', because it's layered.

pelt:
    1. The skin of an animal with the fur or hair still on it.
    2. A stripped animal skin ready for tanning.

If nobody objects, these will go. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -