forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future of skincon.xml
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:36:23 GMT
thorsten wrote:

> Hello devs,
>
> I started to make the css-style skin configurable from within the
> skinconf.xml in terms of positioning the elements.
>
> I used e.g.
>
>  <color name="menu" value="#4a6d8c" font="#cedfef" link="#ffffff"
>      vlink="#ffffff" hlink="#ffcf00" current="#0ff0ff"
>     visible="false" position="default"/>
>
> ...but for me that is not really a "color" element anymore!

Of course, a color does not have position :-)

> I have to add heaps of new attributes to the
>
>  <!DOCTYPE skinconfig PUBLIC
>         "-//APACHE//DTD Skin Configuration V0.6-2//EN"
>         "skinconfig-v06-2.dtd">

We gotta finish FOR-144...

> BTW we had a discussion about whether I should create
> skinconfig-v06-3.dtd for that or not. I can remember that for developing
> unreleased versions I do not have to do it, right?
>
> I reckon we should introduce a cssconfig.xml/cssconfig-v01.dtd and use
> something like this:
> <css-elements>
>  <css name="menu" visible="false" position="default">
>   <color
>  </css>
> </css-elements>
>
> WDYT?

I don't see how this is different from defining a position of the search
menu like we do now. It has nothing to do with CSS, it's something that
pertains to the menu, so it should be in a menu config item.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -