forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Right side navigation
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:39:08 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> If you look at Stefano's original Forrest skin design []1, you will
>> see a right hand side part. Other site like this one [2] use both the
>> navigation on the left and the part on the right.
>>
>> Looking at these sites I see that this kind of navigation include:
>>
>>  - news
>>  - participation info
>>  - search
>>  - publicity
>>  - credits
>>  - related links
>>  - ...
>>
>> In practice, anything.
>>
>> Generalizing it, we could see the left and right parts of the page as
>> "information nugget" containers, where "nuggets" are in fact normal
>> web pages, only with less content.
>

> Is anyone else working on this?

I was planing to implement it for the css-style skin!

With this skin it will be easy to implemend the nuggets view! I will
make all div elements to be configured by the skinconf.xml.

I will have a look at it tomorrow and can tell you whether you can use
it with the css-style out-of-the-box. ...but I reckon tomorrow you can
use it this way ;-)

King regards
thorsten