forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:25:04 GMT
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Let's see if we can finalize this:
>
> 1 - I'm actively working to finish off copyless, and it will involve a
>      change in Cocoon, that I've already proposed on that list. It
>      will make it possible for mounted pipelines to return back to the
>      parent for processing if no match is found.
>      Besides being able to use it to make the internals cleaner, it
>      will make it possible for users to actually inject theit sitemaps
>      without having to copy over our things, making it much more
>      resilient.

Great.

> 2 - Should we switch to pelt after a quick check? it would really be
>      better to not have to switch skin now and then again in 0.7 if
>      possible.
>
> 3 - There are some buds that are to be fixed to make the dist.
>
> 4 - I'd postpone the remaining non-critical bugs to 0.7.

Yes.  I'd much rather have a release with some bugs than let 0.6 stagnate
for more months.

The only bug I see as critical (besides copyless) is FOR-229 (SVG->PNG).
I'd like to fix the aggregate html/pdf pages but honestly I doubt I'll be
able to do it soon.

> 5 - I propose that we add two new matches:
>
>      - *.html (that acts like *.ihtml, which itself will be deprecated)
>
>               This will make it possible for Forrest to skin any site
>               that does not have validation included, even if not made
>               explicitly for Forrest

Is this in line with our plan for xhtml2 and namespaces?  I think using
this extension in the 'xdocs' dir will confuse people.  Especially since
the [i]html file has to be valid html (correct me if I'm wrong here) and
lots of html in the world is invalid.

>      - *.jspwiki
>
>               Use this as an extension instead of *.cwiki, as it
>               specifies the format better. *.cwiki will remain for
>               backward compat

Sounds good.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net