forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: using -Dproperty=value
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:00:26 GMT
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Before copyless we could do /forrest -Dproject.skin=skinname/ to override
> anything loaded from a properties file.  To achieve the same affect now, I
> locally modified ForrestConfModule.java to check system properties and I
> have to call forrest like this: /forrest -Dproject.skin=skinname
> "-Dforrest.jvmargs=-Dproject.skin=skinname/
>
> Any ideas on how to make this easier?  Is there a way to pass all the
> system properties to the java instance running cocoon instead of having to
> specify them again in forrest.jvmargs?

The latest (CVS) Ant has a clonevm option for the <java> task, which
copies the bootpath and system properties when forking the process.  I
will try this in conjuction with my modification to ForrestConfModule and
see if it works.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal