forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: upgrading old release-dist target
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:20:40 GMT
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, David Crossley wrote:

> In the past when we were on CVS, the "release-dist"
> build target prepared a *.zip and a *.tar.gz
> and changed the line-endings in each for Win and
> UNIX respectively.
>
> Now that we are on SVN, i presume that we need to build
> the *.zip on a Win system and the *.tar.gz release on a
> UNIX system. We have the "svn:eol-style native" setting.
>
> Is that how other people see it? Or do we keep that old
> mechanism of forcibly changing the line endings?

I'm not familiar with the way the line endings would be forcibly changed,
but I can imagine it could be buggy (i.e. we have to maintain the lists of
which to change and which not).  And we already have SVN set up to do the
right thing on the right operating system, so that's safe and easy.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal