forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: svn client issues (Was: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:27:32 GMT
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2004, at 6:51 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> > Clay Leeds wrote:
> >> As if I didn't have enough worries with this, I'm having problems with
> >> SVN:
> >>
> >> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> >> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> >> (http://svn.apache.org)
> >>
> >> Process finished with exit status 1.
> >>
> >> Anyone have an idea how I can resolve this? Is this on my end, or is
> >> it
> >> a problem with svn.apache.org?
> >
> > There is no problem for me at the moment.
> > You would need to provide us with more info.
> > Are you trying to do svn checkout or svn update or ...?
> >
> > Google found some stuff about your issue. I don't know
> > if this is relevant but here is one snippet:
> > "Doh!  It turns out my isp is running a proxy that breaks subversion."
> >
> > --
> > David Crossley
>
> Although it works nicely from home, I'm actually still getting errors
> from work. It looks like my sysadmin doesn't want us to do this type of
> POST over HTTP. If I can change it to HTTPS I think I'll be OK. Before
> I 'bother' the folks at erm... wherever I have to ask (infrastructure@?
> they haven't updated the Committers FAQ to include SVN yet), I'll ask
> here: Does my xml-fop COMMITTER status enable me to use svn over HTTPS
> for forrest?
>
> On a whim, I tried it with a 'new' repos, but I get an error:
>
> [clay@Clays-TiBook cvs_stuff]$ svn co
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest_https
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
> 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk'
> [clay@Clays-TiBook cvs_stuff]$

Anybody can use https instead of http, but it's required for committers.

Looks like your svn binary doesn't have https support compiled in.  See if
svn --version says anything about the https schema.

I too occasionally have problems behind a proxy.  Sometimes I have to do a
new checkout when an update fails.  Look to the SVN book at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ for details on proxy configuration.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal