forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Example of packaging learning objects (Re: [RT] Right side navigation)
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:04:34 GMT
On Aug 2, 2004, at 4:52 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> It is work in progress and still has a few bugs (mainly links that
> need translating in the conversion to a Content Package).
>
> You can get the idea by looking at http://www.burrokeet.org/saafe-d/
> (which is a normal Forrest site) and then at the same content as a
> Learning Object and imported into ATutor ( http://82.69.78.226/ATutor
> - log in as apache/apache and select the SAAFE-D Import course)
>
> I've mentioned a few times before that this work is creating a
> graphical editor for Forrest sites. I will propose this work for
> inclusion at Forrest, but don't have the time to package it properly
> right now - but as you see from recent commits, I have started to
> bring stuff across.
>
> Ross

Very nice! Clean, configurable! I'm really looking forward to playing
with this more.

I realize this is a work in progress, but one thing I noticed on the
slides (on http://www.burrokeet.org/saafe-d/), is that the [-a] & [+a]
affect the NAV links at the top. Unfortunately, because the font-size
for NAV starts off small, the NAV quickly becomes unreadable. You may
want to freeze the font-size for NAV elements.

This is an exciting project, and I look forward to following its
progress.

Web Maestro Clay