forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: svn client issues (Was: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:53:54 GMT
On Jul 30, 2004, at 6:51 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> As if I didn't have enough worries with this, I'm having problems with
>> SVN:
>>
>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
>> (http://svn.apache.org)
>>
>> Process finished with exit status 1.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea how I can resolve this? Is this on my end, or is
>> it
>> a problem with svn.apache.org?
>
> There is no problem for me at the moment.
> You would need to provide us with more info.
> Are you trying to do svn checkout or svn update or ...?
>
> Google found some stuff about your issue. I don't know
> if this is relevant but here is one snippet:
> "Doh!  It turns out my isp is running a proxy that breaks subversion."
>
> --
> David Crossley

Although it works nicely from home, I'm actually still getting errors
from work. It looks like my sysadmin doesn't want us to do this type of
POST over HTTP. If I can change it to HTTPS I think I'll be OK. Before
I 'bother' the folks at erm... wherever I have to ask (infrastructure@?
they haven't updated the Committers FAQ to include SVN yet), I'll ask
here: Does my xml-fop COMMITTER status enable me to use svn over HTTPS
for forrest?

On a whim, I tried it with a 'new' repos, but I get an error:

[clay@Clays-TiBook cvs_stuff]$ svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest_https
svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk'