forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:38:33 GMT
On Aug 31, 2004, at 5:25 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> 2 - Should we switch to pelt after a quick check? it would really be
>>      better to not have to switch skin now and then again in 0.7 if
>>      possible.
>>
>> 3 - There are some buds that are to be fixed to make the dist.
>>
>> 4 - I'd postpone the remaining non-critical bugs to 0.7.
>
> Yes.  I'd much rather have a release with some bugs than let 0.6
> stagnate
> for more months.
>
> The only bug I see as critical (besides copyless) is FOR-229
> (SVG->PNG).
> I'd like to fix the aggregate html/pdf pages but honestly I doubt I'll
> be
> able to do it soon.

The primary reason I (and the rest of fop-dev) have been eagerly
awaiting 0.6 is for the aggregate site.pdf output. The thought was that
FOP should have an aggregate PDF of the site. If this is not going to
happen, I really need to get on the ball and (sigh) figure out how to
make the current xml-fop work with 0.5 (which has an aggregate function
which works). Obviously, I'd rather use 0.6, but if that's not going to
happen... I gave up on 0.5 after much frustration some time ago,
thinking it would be better to bide my time for 0.6.

Another alternative is to somehow generate the PDF using 0.5, and
inserting it RAW into the site? Anyone another idea? Is there anything
I can do to 'help' get aggregate into 0.6 (ahem... short of learning
Java)?

Web Maestro Clay