forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Kroeger <bo...@cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject Re: Forrest, SVG, and sodipodi
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:43:06 GMT
Hi David,

>There is a workaround to this issue described at
>http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-229

I read the whole thread and must say that this is a interesting problem.

>It seems that the SVG document type declaration needs
>to be commented-out. Does your "simple circle" example SVG
>declare the SVG DTD?

Yes, it does. And I tested some other SVGs which all declare the SVG DTD
NOT commented-out:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg ...

>This issue only occurs when using the command-line 'forrest'
>and all is well in webapp mode using 'forrest run'.

You are right. There is a mysterious difference between "forrest" and
"forrest run".
And even more mysterios are the log messages (errors) and the successful
rendering of the PNGs.

>There is also a possible answer at FOR-229 to your other
>observation about the probably harmless error message
>"stylesheet requires attribute: version".

To my point of view this looks like a hard-to-catch problem.
Unfortunatly I'm too bad in programming JAVA to help you even if I
wanted to.
May be a good point to start learning JAVA in more detail.

gruss boris