forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: [help] looping in pelt-dev
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:26:24 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello devs, hello user,
> I am trying to track down the looping behaviour of the pelt dev skin!
> I noticed that the loop happends when
> the following conditions are fullfield:
> 1) the looping node is a child of a node that has the attribute e.g.
> href="docs/" tab="docs".
> 2) the looping node e.g. <document-v13 label="document-v13"
> href="document-v13.html"/> has both attributes "label" and "href".
> Sometimes I get something like:
> X [0] docs/docs/searching.html      BROKEN:
> /opt/apache/forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/docs/searching.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> That is perfect because the file does not exits.
> ...not really because something is calling that file in that location
> and I do not know why! But at least is not causing an endless loop!
> but sometimes I get:
> * [60/68]   [2/56]    2.204s 90.3Kb
> docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/document-v13.dtdx.html
> That should be BROKEN (like before) because the file does not exists in
> that loaction either. This is an example of a node calling an endless loop!
> I really do not know what could be causing that so please help me to
> track the problem! It must be something in the *.xsl.
> Please help me to find the problem! Right now I do not know what could
> cause that!
> Keep track when it is happening (what have the causing nodes in common).
> Any suggestion are welcome!
> King regards
> thorsten

I've tried reverting to previous SVN revisions and have found the
problem back as far as when pelt-dev was css-style-dev.

Everything works when using a commandline override (forrest site) instead of the properties file.  So maybe
it's a bug in which interprets those properties.

Dave Brondsema : : programming : student org : personal

View raw message