forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: another copyless branch needed (Was: svn commit: rev 36035)
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:30:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Do we need to do this last phase of copyless development
> using an svn branch or is it pretty straight forward?
>
> --David

If the brokenness is severe (core parts don't work so other devs can't
work) you should either branch or do all your work locally and one large
commit when it's done.

Well, I have second thoughts on that actually.  For a feature we *know*
we need, it's good to have other developers help you and that is easiest
on the trunk.  So I guess I'd say keep it on the trunk unless you think
it'll be more than a few days of brokenness.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming