forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding EXSLT capabilities
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:35:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> The next issue with using the EXSLT is how to
> distribute it within Forrest and how to manage it
> and keep our version up-to-date.
>
> Should we store the total distribution (all-exslt.zip)
> as lib/core/exslt-${UTCtimestamp}.zip for example,
> and then have the forrest build system unpack it into
> the core stylesheets area.

For the document2text I just need a single function within one of the
packages. However, there are some very useful functions in there.

The all-exslt.zip is 1.1Mb in size so this seems like overkill. The
str.zip is just 85Kb. Based on this I would suggest it would be best to
just include the str.zip at this stage and we remember that the other
facillities are there when we hit particular problems.

Comments?

Ross