forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: parallel Ant task in our build is confusing
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:07:25 GMT
On Aug 9, 2004, at 7:42 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> The only advantage is when dealing with *lots* of raw files.  I had
> this in the past (I don't even remember why) and the parallel
> processing was nice to keep it faster.

I too notice this occasionally occurring on my Mac OS X laptop (I also
use it to do e-mail, browse, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, IM client,
eclipse, oh... and iTunes :-D).

Perhaps the choice of whether or not to do a parallel ant task could be
an option settable (sp?) in forrest.properties and determined at
run-time?

Web Maestro Clay