forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Rinaldi <rina...@bela.ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject Re: tweaking wiki
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:59:13 GMT

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
> > >
> > > The only different behaviour is that the first "level 3" title (!!!
> > > Title) will be taken as the title of the page (rather than using the
> > > name of the file).
> >
> > Why did you choose to do this?  In all the wiki pages I use, the first
> > title is not the page title, but just a section title.  I think using
> > the file name works better.
>
> Perhaps we had better revert this part of Fabio's fix
> and add it to our Issue tracker. It would be nice to
> have this configurable, because Fabio's idea works nicely
> for the Apache Incubator use case, e.g.
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/altrmi.html

I just wanted to be able to decide on the title of the pages generated
using wiki, the file name is not always the best solution.
However, using a section title might not be ideal either.

Perhaps we could specifically introduce a special syntax to refer to
the title (e.g. four exclamation marks), but that would mean diverging
from JSPWiki syntax.

Fabio