forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: email links in feedback not obfuscated!
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:07:05 GMT
> Well i thought about that while i was preparing the patch.
> If the user is adding a feedback link with mailto: then
> would they want to obfuscate it?

My take is that whenever you display an email address, no matter what
the purpose, the intent is that people DO use it. However, you want
*people* to use it, and not spambots, and thus the obfuscation. So for
me, obfuscation is tied to email itself, not necessarily its usage.
Opinions may differ however. Can't we have that as an option?

Further, since the option obfuscate-email-links seems global in
nature, users might expect that Forrest would obfuscate ALL email
links it encounters. So we must atleast make sure we're consistent
there.

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker