forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Fabio Rinaldi" <rina...@ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject tweaking wiki
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:57:52 GMT

Dear Forrest developers,

I have just joined your list upon suggestion from Dave Brondsema:

Dave Brondsema writes:
 > Quoting Fabio Rinaldi <rinaldi@ifi.unizh.ch>:
 >

 > > Dear Dave,
 > >
 > > I am sending this message to you because it might be too
 > > technical or specific for the user list. However, feel free to send
 > > your reply to the list if you think it might be useful.
 > >

 > Then please send it to dev@forrest.apache.org

This is my problem, hope you can help.

---
I started to play a little with the "wiki.grm" file, and
obtained a couple of interesting things which I would like to
use (like the "title" for wiki pages that I mentioned in a previous
message).

However I feel that I should not mess up with the default wiki format,
otherwise things would become uncontrollable as soon as I install a
new Forrest distribution. So my idea is to create a separate "own"
wiki format, identified by a different file suffix,
e.g. mydocument.mywiki

Then I modified 'forrest.xmap' by duplicating the template that
matches "*.cwiki", modified the copy so that it matches "*.mywiki",
then tried to fiddle with the template so that I can make use of my
own versions of "wiki.gram" and "wiki2xdoc.xsl". For the latter, it is
easy, as it is explicitly pointed to in the template. However, I
do not know how to point 'forrest.xmap' to my own version of
"wiki.gram". It seems to make use of a cocoon identifier
"cocoon:/wiki.xgrm". Can this be customized?

One of the possible reasons for this work would be to support an
alternative wiki format (e.g. MoinMoin Wiki).

Regards,
Fabio