forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 04:29:28 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >>5 - I propose that we add two new matches:
> >>
> >>     - *.html (that acts like *.ihtml, which itself will be deprecated)
> >>
> >>              This will make it possible for Forrest to skin any site
> >>              that does not have validation included, even if not made
> >>              explicitly for Forrest
> >
> > Is this in line with our plan for xhtml2 and namespaces?
>
> It does not collide. The idea is to reserve *.xhtml for any proper
> xhtml, be it 1.1 or 2.

Yes, we discussed this before:
 [VOTE] Finalizing html-ihtml-ehtml
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108141201100001

> > I think using this extension in the 'xdocs' dir will confuse people.
>
> Ok, but then we have lots of stuff there than are not x(ml)docs.

People are already a bit confused, so a bit more won't hurt :-)
We just need some better documentation and examples.

The "x" in "xdocs" should just be a wild-card.

We should stop calling the "Apache Forrest document" xml format
as "xdoc format".

> > Especially since
> > the [i]html file has to be valid html (correct me if I'm wrong here) and
> > lots of html in the world is invalid.
>
> AFAIK ihtml can also be invalid, there is a tidy call before.

I tested that just now. The ihtml sample in our "seed site"
has stacks of validation issues. The result seems okay.

--
David Crossley