forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tweaking wiki
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:23:45 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Fabio Rinaldi wrote:

> >>Perhaps we had better revert this part of Fabio's fix
> >>and add it to our Issue tracker. It would be nice to
> >>have this configurable, because Fabio's idea works nicely
> >>for the Apache Incubator use case, e.g.
> >>http://incubator.apache.org/projects/altrmi.html
> >

> > I just wanted to be able to decide on the title of the pages generated
> > using wiki, the file name is not always the best solution.
> > However, using a section title might not be ideal either.
> >
> > Perhaps we could specifically introduce a special syntax to refer to
> > the title (e.g. four exclamation marks), but that would mean diverging
> > from JSPWiki syntax.
> >
> > Fabio
>
> If the files are coming from an actual wiki, their names will be
> something like AltRMIProjectIncubationStatus which turns into an
> appropriate title.

However in the Incubator use case, they are not so named.
The filenames are simply "altrmi.cwiki", "derby.cwiki", etc.
I suppose they can change that if they want better page titles.

I still think that we should revert to the old behaviour and
add a Jira issue to make it somehow configurable later.

--
David Crossley