forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tweaking wiki
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 04:07:03 GMT
Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi writes:
> > Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
>  > > One of the possible reasons for this work would be to support an
>  > > alternative wiki format (e.g. MoinMoin Wiki).
>  >
>  > Then it's definately of interest :-)
>  >
>  > You can submit a patch for a .mwiki extension (even partial), and I
>  > would be happy to apply it.
>
> I might have a go at it. In the meantime, I'd like to point out a
> possible inconsistency in the current "cwiki" grammar. It looks as if
> the grammar is ambiguous between the two following structures:
<snip/>
> I have rewritten the grammar for cwiki in a (hopefully) unambiguous
> way. Please find it attached, together with the corresponding
> wiki2xdoc.xsl

Thanks. By the way, it is preferable to use the Issue tracker,
but thanks for whatever way you make contributions.

> I believe this grammar is a 'superset' of the original one (with the
> exception of solving the ambiguity previously mentioned). It should
> accept all wiki documents accepted by the original grammar.
>
> The only different behaviour is that the first "level 3" title (!!!
> Title) will be taken as the title of the page (rather than using the
> name of the file).
>
> I have not done any extensive testing though (which would certainly be
> needed before including in a distribution).

I "tested" it by looking at the CWiki sample in the seed site.

The next test was very pleasing. It will now build the
Apache Incubator website which was breaking before,
with complaints about heading levels.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109326766100005

So i am going to commit it as soon as possible!!!

Thanks again Fabio, keep on.

--
David Crossley