forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fork in doc-v20?
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:16:00 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> "Zap jump and fork, and rename 'link' to 'a' for better HTMLness" was done
> to the v20 DTD.  But <a> doesn't support the target attribute.  Shouldn't
> it so the capabilities of fork and zap aren't lost?

We are moving toward XHTML2 for our intermediate format
and this removal of jump and fork is one step closer.
It was decided to do this a long time ago.

I gather from google that the ability to pop-up new windows
is frowned upon. It should be up to the user to right-click
if they want it.

In my opinion, no, we should not add a workaround. That would
just make it harder to move to XHTML2.

A related thing that i mean to ask. There was the following
comment which i removed because it didn't make sense to me.
Would someone explain more and we can add the hint back again.
We could provide an example in the "seed site".

 "...If desired, that functionality can be handled
  via the use of the class attribute on <a>."

--
David Crossley