forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest, SVG, and sodipodi
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:23:51 GMT
On 2004-07-24 Boris Kroeger wrote:

> I managed to transform my logo from GIF/JPEG to SVG using sodipodi 0.33
> (saved as "Plain SVG").
> But now forrest (latest SVN trunk, 5min ago) is choking on it:
>
> X [0]                                     images/siam.png       BROKEN:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> If I create a simple circle within sodipodi it works, but with a more
> complex one not.
>
> Are there any more helpful information/log files?
> Has anyone observed this before?

There is a workaround to this issue described at
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-229

It seems that the SVG document type declaration needs
to be commented-out. Does your "simple circle" example SVG
declare the SVG DTD?

This issue only occurs when using the command-line 'forrest'
and all is well in webapp mode using 'forrest run'.

There is also a possible answer at FOR-229 to your other
observation about the probably harmless error message
"stylesheet requires attribute: version".

--
David Crossley