forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: automatically added meta information
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:03:26 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >
> > The src/core/context/WEB-INF/info.xml that it generates should not be in
> > $FORREST_HOME, but in the project home somewhere.  Many systems will be
> > configured where projects don't have write access to $FORREST_HOME.
>
> Yeah, sorry. I meant to say that that was something that
> needs to be attended to. However, i am not sure how to.

Dave, thanks for your attempted fix at r36634
to put the info.xml in a project-specific temp directory.

However, that doesn't work because when doing 'forrest war'
then running that under a full Jetty, there is no build/tmp/

I have been trying to use WEB-INF/info.xml but it too does
not seem to be consistent between the various incarnations
of Forrest, i.e. 'forrest' and 'forrest run' and 'forrest war'.

Anyway, i will persist.

--
David Crossley