forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: move doc-v20 out of subdir
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:52:59 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd fails because the v20 DTDs
> are in a subdirectory.

That must be a broken systemIdentifier. I have scoured our
Forrest SVN repository and i cannot find the xml instance
that references it.

Why is an application trying to go to the website?
Is there something broken with the Catalog Entity Resolver?

> Is there any reason to keep them there?

The v20 DTDs have had their own directory since their
inception. I started to clean up that resources/schema/dtd/
directory to put all DTDs into their own version subdirectories
v12/ v13/ etc. Then i found that it was getting too complex.
The versions are not neatly divided. For example howto-v10.dtd
is just the first version of the Howto DTD, and is not related
to v10 of the other DTDs. So i reverted.

Does anyone see any problem with just having all DTDs in the
one directory, i.e. no sub-directories. If not then i will move
the v20 DTDs up with the rest.

> Is v13 going to still be the "recommended" version or is v20
> ready for common use?

It seems to be ready. I have started to convert some of our
xdocs to use it (link|jump|fork => a). Using version 2.0 as
the "intermediate format" for all of our pipelines is the
next step. Some of our XSLs will need to change to use <a>
instead.

--
David Crossley