forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future of the pelt skin -> xnc-dev skin
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:07:10 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> >>Do we have a dev branche for that?
>
> I mean the xnc is pelt but with flexible naming. I reckon I could use
> the 0.7-dev branch for developing it and after the release that will go
> to trunk.

However better to name the branch after its focus,
for example "skin-xnc".

> >>Or should I create a new skin for that?
>
> I can create a new skin pelt-xnc-dev that is using naming conventions.
> That will then be the next generation pelt.

If there are delays with its development which
go past our 0.6 release, then "pelt" will be already
in use and this new skin would need a new name. We do not
have a concept about versions of skins. If it is new and
incompatible functionality then it is a new skin.

How about doing the development, then we can decide
about names at the time of merging.

--
David Crossley