forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [help] looping in pelt-dev
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 04:54:22 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
> > Hello devs, hello user,
> >
> > I am trying to track down the looping behaviour of the pelt dev skin!
> >
> > I noticed that the loop happends when
> > the following conditions are fullfield:
> > 1) the looping node is a child of a node that has the attribute e.g.
> > href="docs/" tab="docs".
> > 2) the looping node e.g. <document-v13 label="document-v13"
> > href="document-v13.html"/> has both attributes "label" and "href".
>
> I started by testing if this really happens, and it does.
>
> > but sometimes I get: * [60/68] [2/56] 2.204s 90.3Kb
> > docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/docs/document-v13.dtdx.html That
> > should be BROKEN (like before) because the file does not exists in
> > that loaction either. This is an example of a node calling an endless
> > loop!
>
> The CLI works on links. If it loops, it means that a file references
> itself incorrectly, and the CLI uses that link.
>
> So I looked in the page for 'document-v13.dtdx.html' and found this:
>
>    <a id="feedbackto" href="docs/document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>
>
> Here it is: document-v13.dtdx.html reference itself incorrectly, with a
> docs/ before it. The correct link should be (relative):
>
>    <a id="feedbackto" href="document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>
>
> or (absolute):
>
>    <a id="feedbackto" href="/docs/document-v13.dtdx.html"></a>

Ah, well found. This is actually due to another error.
The pelt-dev was partially rendering an optional skinconf element
i.e. not checking that the optional feedback element was available.
Those hrefs should be "mailto:" links with the path appended,
but our forrest core skinconf.xml deliberately does not have that
"feedback" configuration.

The pelt-dev is fixed now, and the never ending descending is gone.

However, now there is a different issue with all skins.

--
David Crossley