forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] move the Forrest issue tracker to ASF
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 00:18:24 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > Some more information:
> >
> > 1-migrating bugs to anything other than JIRA will be a big PITA
> > 2-bugzilla, last time I checked, was not actively administered
> > 3-Scarab IMHO is not as stable as Jira
>
> Some more items ...
>
> *) Bugzilla is opensource, so we can all help fix things.
>
> *) Jira is produced by Atlassian and they seem to be
> responsive to feedback and fixing.
>
> *) The upgrading of any issue tracker is still a holdup
> due to the administration issues.

More info today ...

*) There are now people actively maintaining Bugzilla.
For a good example see Apache Spamassassin
http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/

*) All issue trackers will be soon moved to new machines.
Therefore they will all have better infrastructure to enable
better maintenance.

--
David Crossley