forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: another copyless branch needed (Was: svn commit: rev 36035)
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:22:03 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> If the brokenness is severe (core parts don't work so other devs can't
> work) you should either branch or do all your work locally and one large
> commit when it's done.
> Well, I have second thoughts on that actually.  For a feature we *know*
> we need, it's good to have other developers help you and that is easiest
> on the trunk.  So I guess I'd say keep it on the trunk unless you think
> it'll be more than a few days of brokenness.

I agree with all of that, well said.

We all just need to take care not to completely break
the system for very long. A few days is too long at this
stage of our development. It stops other people helping.

We can minimise this problem by doing 'build test' and
'forrest run' before committing.

David Crossley

View raw message