forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: another copyless branch needed (Was: svn commit: rev 36035)
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:22:03 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> If the brokenness is severe (core parts don't work so other devs can't
> work) you should either branch or do all your work locally and one large
> commit when it's done.
>
> Well, I have second thoughts on that actually.  For a feature we *know*
> we need, it's good to have other developers help you and that is easiest
> on the trunk.  So I guess I'd say keep it on the trunk unless you think
> it'll be more than a few days of brokenness.

I agree with all of that, well said.

We all just need to take care not to completely break
the system for very long. A few days is too long at this
stage of our development. It stops other people helping.

We can minimise this problem by doing 'build test' and
'forrest run' before committing.

--
David Crossley