forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: who's who
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:03:27 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >
> >>In case anyone's forgotten, we decided the general ASF roles
> >>work for us.  http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles
> >
> > Yes, we have finally refined those sections of that document.
>
> The following quote is in the PMC role and should be in the committers
> role.  Do you have karma to fix that, David?
>
> "They have write access to the code repository, an @apache.org mail address"

Yes, i do have karma. Also anyone can send patches via the
Infrastructure Jira for the "site" module which is under
CVS control.

When updating those docs i noticed that issue and deliberately
left it to remain so. My reasoning is that in the future we may
have committers that only have access to svn and do not have
an apache.org account and email address. I do not know about
the reasoning of Stefano who wrote the original doc. This issue
is part of the distinction between committer and PMC member roles.

Now if people feel differently about that, then it needs to be
discussed somewhere. However i do not know where. I note that
the commit diffs from the top-level docs go to infrastructure@a.o
mailing list. So that is one place. Another place would be at
the community@a.o mailing list.

--
David Crossley