forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest undoes entity resolution!
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:02:08 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> If I have a url like this inside the XML source:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/sflogo.php?group_id=comics-grabber&type=1
>
> validate-xdocs fails because it wants the literal & to be typed out as
> &amp; instead. So I correct it to become:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/sflogo.php?group_id=comics-grabber&amp;type=1
>
> However, the generated HTML has the entity resolution UNDONE!:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/sflogo.php?group_id=comics-grabber&type=1
>
> This HTML fails validation as 4.01 transitional.

That sounds like a bug. Would you please add that as a Jira Issue.
There is a demonstration of the problem in the document
src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/dreams.xml
The ampersand in the link element text is properly handled but
the ampersand in the link href attribute is not.

--
David Crossley