forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old skins
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:23:48 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> FOR-181 decided the fate of krysalis-site and tigris-style.  What should
> we do with forrest-css, avalon-tigris, and forrest-site?
>
> * Forrest-css can be deleted.  It has never been polished.

+1

(along with the fact that it has served well as a base for Thorsten's
work :-)

> * Forrest-site is good and has been the default.  We need to keep it, but
> are we planning on maintaining it?  Or should we make a note that it may
> not be available in future releases?

I would remove it, as the newly named krysalis-site _is_ forrest-site++.

> * avalon-tigris looks like tigris-style-1_1 to me.  in fact, forrest-site
> looks like it too.  We need to document the differences (and the new css
> stuff) and screenshots on docs/skin-package.xml

Avalon tigris was done when Avalon wanted the tigris skin, but not
quite. So I decided to make the tigris-style-1_1 using the css that
comes from the tigris distro without changing it. avalon-tigris is not
used anymore by Avalon, and should be deleted in favor of the new tigris
skin.

> I think FOR-181 would be solved best by hard-coding some "aliases" into
> src/core/targets/skins.xml.  So we can delete avalon-tigris and alias it
> to tigris-style-1_1 if we want.

+1

The aliasing must also be introduced in the skinconf loader IIRC.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -