forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Right side navigation
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:57:52 GMT

If you look at Stefano's original Forrest skin design []1, you will see
a right hand side part. Other site like this one [2] use both the
navigation on the left and the part on the right.

Looking at these sites I see that this kind of navigation include:

  - news
  - participation info
  - search
  - publicity
  - credits
  - related links
  - ...

In practice, anything.

Generalizing it, we could see the left and right parts of the page as
"information nugget" containers, where "nuggets" are in fact normal web
pages, only with less content.

So, instead of special entries for search, credits, etc we could simply
say in skinconf.xml what pages we want to include there. Navigation
would of course be a "nugget" itself, as in fact it already is internally.

To tell Forrest to use the left or right pane we can define a "primary"
pane and a "secondary" pane.

Does this spark something?

[1] http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/software/forrest/1.5/home.html
[2] http://www.agssa.net/