forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] contribution procedure
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:35:33 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>>This is not our way. It should be that stuff gets contributed,
>>>we commit it, then we work on it, then we decide whether to
>>>keep it, then we release it.
>>>
>>>Sure, there are other situations where the committer will need
>>>to judge whether the work is able to be committed at all, e.g.
>>>perhaps legal issues, or maybe not appropriate to Forrest mission.
>>>
>>>Your enthusiasm is definitely admired Thorsten, but we
>>>need to follow the way that we know is a good procedure.
>>
>>Then write them down! I am too new to forrest to know all this rules
>>that exist but are not written down!
>

> That is just the way that things are commonly done at all
> Apache projects and really just taken for granted. So it
> is not just Forrest in particular.

I am with lenya in the incubator, that means I am still learning the asf
way of doing things ;-)

...and being before a release has project specific rules I reckon. ASF
wide similar but project specific sets of do's and don't´s. Adding
something that seems not to work is IMO something that is discusable.

> Yes it does need to be written down. We will use the words
> from this discussion to add some documents somewhere.

http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
would be a good place IMO.

King regards
thorsten
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>