forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Eclipse with Forrest
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:48:42 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> The page 'Using Catalog Entity Resolver for local DTDs'[1] has good
> information about setting up IDEs (integrated development environments).
> What's 'missing' from that otherwise extensive description, is how to
> configure Eclipse. Is there an Eclipse-based way to do it, or one that
> would work with the 'free' version of XMLBuddy?

I have managed to activate validation with DTD with the XMLBuddy for
*single* DTD's:

given e.g.
<!DOCTYPE tabs PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Tab V1.1//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd">

Goto: Preferences-XMLBuddy-XML-Validation-DTD-New
Root name: tabs
PUBLIC id: -//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Tab V1.1//EN
SYSTEM id: http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd

The only thing that kind of sucks is that you have to do it all the time
for each DOCTYPE. Trying to say I have not managed to use the Catalog
approach. Another drawback is that for me it is only working with SYSTEM
ids that have a "http://" system id. To end up the list of drawbacks:
the buddy seems to work only in 2.1.x versions of eclipse :(.

BTW oxygen looks nice in 3.0 but paying for a plugin it's not my beer!
...and you know we germans normally like beer ;-).

HTH
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>