forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:23:43 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 12:42, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>>
>>> Hello devs,
>>>
>>> I updates the test-site:
>>> version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
>>

>> Nice work.
>

> Maybe I shouldn't say it... ;-)  but I'm, impressed! :-)

Cheers, dude! This words from the "skin-master" ;-) feel real good.

> The style looks good, the loading is faaaast, and
>
>> It passes the W3C XHTML validator.

:) The xhtml-style skin was a real good start!!! ;-) I cannot take the
whole credits for that!

> I'm starting to wonder why we would want to use krysalis-site at all
> given this skin!
>
> Ok, ok, it still lacks features and it needs polishing, but I'm very
> excited about how it's proceeding. B-)

Thanks again! ...and yeah, there a still heaps of todos until we can
release a version 1.0. BTW do we have a deadline for the 0.6 release? I
hope that we will be able to included in the release! That would be awesome!

Regarding the reduction of our skins maybe we can think about a way how
to maintain just one skin with different css-stylesheets. That would be
a quite hard cut I have to admit but would reduce our work.

BTW that could be easiely done by the <xsl:import/> tag.

> Some comments:
>
> 1 - if I disable CSS I still see a couple of rounded corner images
>     that should be in the CSS:
>     rc-b-l-5-1body-2menu-3menu.png
>     rc-b-l-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png

Yeah, you are so right, but I came up with that after googling for
"round corner boxes". I will try to get in the css (again->I tried it
before but it was not working)!

> 2 - now that tables are not used for formatting we should drop the
>     class="ForrestTable" for tables

I will delete it in the screen.css!

...for the future: it is as well in svn ;-). Just go ahead and delete it
;-).

> 3 - the main page areas should be #style like
>     '#header' instead of 'header'

You mean <div id="searchbox"> instead of <div class="searchbox">. Yeah I
will change that!

king regards
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>