forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:42:07 GMT
Hello devs,

I updates the test-site:
version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/

Mayor change:
The corner images will be now rendered through svg. This can be
customized by setting up the some variables.

It is be done in two different parts:
- The first part takes care which images should be used and how big it
should be.
- The second part is taking care of coloring the images. The input
parameter for the second part can come from the color profile of the
skinconf.xml. The second part can easy be identified through the
numbering 1-2-3.

The images have to obtain the following contracts:
images/{$name}-{$v-orientation}-{$h-orientation}-{$size}-1{$backgroundColor}-2{$strokeColor}-3
{$foregroundColor}

images/
Path to the xslt that creates the corner.
images/ = {$FORREST_HOME}/src/core/context/skins/common/images/

{$name}
In the common skin we have two xslt ready that you can use:
*rc* - <!-- Rounded corner -->
*dc* - <!-- Diagonal 45 degrees corner -->
name = [rc|dc]
e.g. rc

{$v-orientation}
This is the vertical orientation of the corner images (top or bottom)
v-orientation = [t|b]
e.g. t

{$h-orientation}
This is the horizontal orientation of the corner images (left or right)
h-orientation = [l|r]
e.g. r

{$size}
Pixels size of the height *and* width of the image
size=x
e.g. 5

{$backgroundColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. header

{$strokeColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. searchbox

{$foregroundColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. searchbox

http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/skin/screen.css contains:
#roundtopsmall {
background-image: url(images/rc-t-r-5-1header-2searchbox-3searchbox.png);
[...]
}
Here again the contract
images/{$name}-{$v-orientation}-{$h-orientation}-{$size}-1{$backgroundColor}-2{$strokeColor}-3
{$foregroundColor}

Maybe I should but it in a how-to ;-).

King regards
thorsten

BTW how can I edit my own comment in JIRA? -> I want to update the todo
list from FOR-182.

- the publish note should be where now only a border is. Like <div
id="published"/>
-> DONE
, but make it configurable.
-> TODO

TIA
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>