forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [css-style-dev] Update and question
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:53:59 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Hello devs,
>
> I made some progress with the css-style-dev skin.
> I set up some test-sites:
> version 0.02 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
> version 0.03 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba2/
>
 > *Update*

:-)

> *Question*
> I would like the corner images rendered through svg with the header color.
> How can I do that?
>
> Have a look at prueba2. The corner images are blackish but should be
> white. I would define a corner in svg and somewhere in the pipeline the
> svg should be rendered with the right color and exported as png.
>
> Any ideas where I can start? Any documentation that I should have read?

I have not done any docs on this unfortunately :-(

What you can do is to take a look at the krysalis-site and tigris-style
skins that already use them, and take a look at the names of the corner
images. You can experiment with them by simply calling the right
filename in the browser.

They should be something like:

*c-*-*-*-1*-2*-3*.png

With the wildcards being:

   path to the xslt that creates the corner (in the common skin we have
                                             two ready)
   name+c
   orientation top or bottom (t or b)
   orientation left or right (l or r)
   size (pixels)
   background color name as in the skin color profile
   the stroke color name as in the skin color profile
   the foreground color name as in the skin color profile

The pipeline that generates them is resources.xmap.

NOTE: the pngs have a problem due to the gamma setting being interpreted
differently in browsers. I minimized the difference, but maybe it's
better if we use lossless jpeg instead in the future.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -